We have set 250 Owners as our next milestone. This is the Owner threshold required to take the next big step in the development of the Prairie Food Co-op – hiring a professional consultant to analyze several potential store locations in Lombard and complete a market analysis. This is a critical next step, as the market analysis will tell us many important things, including:
- How big the store should be
- What products & services are desired by our community
- Where, in Lombard, the store should be located
Help us reach this critical milestone by telling your friends & neighbors about the co-op and we will reward you handsomely for any new Owners you refer. For each new Owner you recruit until we reach 250 Owners, we will thank you with the following:
|Each new owner||Raffle entry for a brand new Apple iPad Mini|
|3 new owners||$50 gift card to Vino Cellar OR Shannon's Deli|
|5 new owners||$100 gift card to Glen Prairie Restaurant|
How We Can Help You
Need some ideas for recruiting Owners? Here are a few suggestions for you.
- Host a House Party - Gather your friends & neighbors together to learn more about the Prairie Food Co-op. We'll help you plan & send a board member to speak. Contact Stephanie Eby for more details.
- Email community and civic groups and tell them about Prairie Food Co-op. Be sure to provide a link to our website and invite them to 'like' our Facebook page.
- Pass out our flyers at local businesses or events you attend. Contact us & we will get flyers to you.
- Invite friends to one of our upcoming events.
Q: Why should I become an owner?
- To support local farms, keep money in our community, gain access to fresh, wholesome food, and have a voice in how the Prairie Food Co-op is run. Also, the Prairie Food ownership base will have a strong influence on the location (town) of the store.
Q: How much does it cost to become an owner in PFC?
- You can become an owner for as little as $200!
Q: How can I become an owner?
- Simply go to http://prairiefood.coop/ownership/ and complete the application online OR download, print and mail your application and payment.
Q: How will Referrals be tracked?
- There is a "Referred By" question on the Online Ownership form. For those submitting paper ownership applications, please write the name of the Owner who referred you.