Come join us at Glen Ellyn's Earth Day Celebration and Recycling Extravaganza and take part in a number of fun, educational, and beneficial activities to our planet. Activities include:
- Live acoustic music
- Native plant sale
- Programs from Glen Ellyn Library 10am-11:30am
- Food & Drinks
- Rain barrel sale
- Electric Car display
- Help make a mural for the Market Francais
Also bring items to recycle in the following categories (note: no electronic recycling):
- non-mercury batteries, car-truck-boat-motorcycle-sump pump- laptop -UPS batteries (Batteries Plus)
- American Flags (Boy Scouts)
- **Epaint Recycling ** fee – Latex: $2/gal, $10/five-gal; Oil-based: $8/gal, $20/five-gal. Cash/credit accepted. No non-architecture paint, spray cans, solvents or leaking cans accepted.
- **Fluorescent bulbs: ** fee $0.50/bulb, limit 12 bulbs per car, CFLS & 4ft fluorescent lamps only
- Garden tools: trowels, hand cultivators, rakes, hoes, pitchforks, shovels, watering cans, vegetable gardening books, No tomato cages or fencing (The Gardenworks Project)
- Cabints, doors (solid core only), electrical and light fixtures, flooring, windows, window AC, mill-work/lumber, working tools (Habitat for Humanity – ReStore)
- Eyeglasses, hearing aids, printing cartridges (Lions Club)
- Clothing, home goods, cell phones (Salvation Army)
- Books, Record, Buttons, Rulers, Yarn, Crayons (SCARCE)
- Bikes, biking accessories, helmets (Working Bikes)
This promises to be a fun event where you can celebrate the earth by making it a little bit better.
Anyone who becomes a Prairie Food Co-op Owner online between now and then OR at Earth Day will receive a Prairie Food tote OR a $10 gift card to spend at the celebration whether you'd like some native plants, a rain barrel, or some local eats.
Find out more about this event here.