CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING OUR NEWEST PRAIRIE FOOD CO-OP OWNER!
Thank you for becoming a Prairie Food Co-op Owner today! You will receive a receipt via email in the next few minutes.
We’re excited to have you join our community of Owners. Your Ownership will support local farmers and food producers and keep more money in OUR community. Only 5% of the food that Illinois residents purchase is grown in Illinois, yet with some of the most fertile soil in the world, Illinois farmers can grow much more. They just need more stores like Prairie Food Co-op to sell their products.
As a PFC Owner, you are helping to build a store that will:
- support 300+ local farmers/food producers
- generate $13 million in local economic activity annually
- expand access to sustainably, ethically produced food that is transparently labeled
- create more than 50-80 local jobs that pay fair wages
We would be remiss if we didn’t encourage you do your part in making PFC a success by
- Ordering a PFC yard sign and prominently displaying it in your yard
- Liking and sharing our posts if you are on social media
- Talking about PFC with your friends, family, and coworkers and encouraging them to become PFC Owners too!
- Inviting PFC to your organization to present about how PFC benefits our community
- Volunteering your time towards sitting on the board, serving on a committee, or just doing simple tasks from time to time.
- Shop at the store once PFC opens! It is CRITICAL that our Owners support their store by doing a portion (or all!) of their weekly shopping at the Co-op.
Our goal is for Prairie Food Co-op to serve the community for decades to come; providing good jobs, a community gathering place, and to accomplish our mission to provide a marketplace to local farmers and food producers. Working together we can achieve our goal. We’ve come so far and we’re so close!
Prairie Food Co-op Board of Directors