Are you our next Board member?
This is an incredible opportunity to become involved in a meaningful community project with a team of passionate and dedicated individuals. This next year will be historic as we build our store, hire a General Manager, and lay the foundation for a successful opening in the near future! We need YOU to make our store a success!
All Owners are welcome to run. Those with skills in grant writing and management, finance, human resources, marketing, grocery or retail stores, and architecture would bring valuable skills to our current Board.
There are four (4) positions up for election. Elected Board members serve a term of three years (or less, if elected or appointed to a position vacated by a previous Director who did not complete their term).
All Board Candidates must:
- Be a Prairie Food Owner in good standing for at least 3 months (on or before January 1, 2023).
- Not have any conflict of interest with Prairie Food Co-op.
- Review the candidate packet.
- Complete an online application by March 30.
- Register and attend the Candidate Info Session on Thursday, March 16 from 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm via Zoom. Directors will review the role of the Board and expectations for Directors. If you cannot attend the Info Session, contact [email protected] to make alternative arrangements.
As a Board member you will:
- Participate in twice monthly Board meetings (the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 7:00-9:00 pm). There is an expectation that Board members will reasonably attend all meetings.
- be expected to be present at Owner meetings and some outreach events.
- use shared online management tools; access to the internet and e-mail are required.
- oversee the operations and finances of Prairie Food Co-op
- establish policies to govern operational decisions, and
- assure that the purpose and mission of Prairie Food Co-op are properly carried out.
Additional Board expectations are noted in the candidate packet.
As Board members can attest, this is a rewarding position and will give you the opportunity to influence policies that will determine Prairie Food’s direction and make our store a reality. Board members will tell you it’s really exciting to take such an active role in the process of starting a co-op in our community.
Candidate applications are due March 30, 2023. Candidate profiles will be posted online in mid-April. All Owners in good standing will be given the opportunity to vote for Board candidates. Secure online voting will begin on April 13 and conclude after the Annual Owners’ Meeting on April 27. Paper ballots will be mailed by request only and must be received prior to the Owners’ Meeting to be included in the count. Election results will be announced on May 4, 2023.
Please send us an email